Neknitsleafbutton_1 RIHandspun: Miss me?

RIHandspun

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Miss me?

OK, show of e-hands, Who loved yesterday's guest presentation at the RI spin guild meeting? ME,ME (jumping up and down waving wildly!)! May I suggest a road trip to URI to see what we might see? Hats off to Renay for putting a wonderful meeting together. Great idea. One of my favorites was the twined weaving pics. That is a must try.
For those of you not in attendance, Dr. Margaret Ordonez from the University of Rhode Island was out guest speaker. Dr. Ordonez manages the Textile Conservation Laboratory and the Textile Gallery at URI. Her computer presentation showed magnifications (some up to 600x) of some of the textiles she has worked to identify fibers in. They were fascinating. We were also treated to a feel of some of the samples, just incredible.
On to commerce; I got a small shipment of beautiful drop spindles in from CO. They are from the people who made my red glass top whorl that many of you have admired. I couldn't be more pleased. Whorls include green glass, picture jasper and more. I also got some solid color romney in dark green, med. blue, bright gold, cran red, and purple. Great for blending, felting, or spinning as is.
Also, Congratulations to Carrie Mac and MR. Carrie Mac on the birth of their new grandson! And, hello to our Canadian voyeur. I need an address to mail your felting fiber and needles out.
Hope to see many of you on Tuesday. su

3 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger mad angel said…

    In addition to all the good fibery info, I got a real kick out of the way Margaret's voice got more and more Southern as she got more and more into her subject. A thouroughly charming and interesting lady. Glad I was able to attend!

    I might have to have another go at one of those stone spindles. Will bring my wristaff and some Coopworth tomorrow night...

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger cindy said…

    Yes a great guild meeting!!!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger judy said…

    So long since I've seen you. I miss you. Sounds like I missed a wonderful meeting. Let me know when you decide on a field trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home